This Woman Drank Honey- Lemon Water Every Day For a Full Year. Here’s What Happened
Honey and lemon juice have long been touted as the perfect natural remedies for colds, but most people don’t understand the science behind it. Honey is a natural antibacterial remedy. It strengthens the immune systems and speeds up the healing process. Lemon juice contains a very high amount of vitamin C, which also promotes healing and strengthens the immune system. Together these two are excellent at fighting the common cold, but there is speculation that they can do even more.
An Australian woman, Crystal Davis, decided to test that theory by drinking honey-lemon water every day for a full year. During her experiment she discovered countless improvements and decided to continue drinking the concoction permanently. Here are some of the benefits she uncovered:
RELATED ARTICLE: See What You Have Been Missing In Your Lemon Water
- A stronger immune system. She did not catch a single cold, flu, or stomach-related illness for the entire year. The rest of her family caught several, while she remained unaffected.
- Increased energy. She no longer needed coffee to function in the morning, and she had more energy throughout the day as well.
- No UTIs. The honey-lemon water acts as a natural diuretic which eliminated Davis’ UITs. It also stimulates the digestive system to keep the body regular.
- Weight loss. The lemons help the liver produce more bile, which helps the body break down food so the nutrients can be absorbed more easily. The honey helps the stomach produce more mucus to flush out toxins. The lemons and the honey work together to help the body reach a healthy weight.
- Glowing skin. The honey increases collagen and the lemons purify the blood, which results in healthy and glowing skin.
- Hydrated lymphatic system. An added benefit of drinking this mix early in the morning is that it helps hydrate the lymphatic system. A dehydrated lymphatic system is the cause of many forms of illnesses.
- Improved oral health. The lemons clean out the mouth and kick the salivary glands into action. This removes bacteria from the teeth while the honey helps destroy it, resulting in better breath and improved oral health.
- Increased alkalinity. The lemons neutralize the acid in the body to reduce acid reflux, acidosis, upset stomach, and other acid related side effects. Individuals with chronic illnesses related to stomach acid should consult their doctors before following in Davis’ footsteps.
RELATED ARTICLE: How You Can Spot FAKE Honey in Store
To get these amazing health benefits, Davis uses raw honey and organic lemons. She adds one teaspoon of honey and half of a lemon to one cup of boiling water. Then, she adds a splash of cold water to make it cool enough to drink.