9 Wrinkle Causing Habits You Should Avoid
When you look into the mirror each morning, you may see radiating skin and a healthy glow. You apply your makeup with ease, and your foundation goes on seamlessly. The thought of wrinkles has never even entered your mind. Therefore, you engage in bad habits that contribute to wrinkles, and you may be doing so unknowingly. Even if your skin is perfect now, that doesn’t mean it will stay that way forever. Taking preventative measures in your youth can help you to prevent this unpleasant sign of aging. Wrinkle removal is about integrating home remedies, but also preventing them from appearing in the first place.
On the other hand, you may have already started to notice signs of aging on your face. Whether you see just one wrinkle starting to form or a cluster of them on a particular part of your face, you’re unhappy with your complexion. In fact, you may feel that it is too late to reverse the damage. Fortunately, natural wrinkle removal is possible, and you can also take steps to stop more wrinkles from forming. Before you can remove them, however, you need to stop those bad habits that are preventing you from achieving beauty nirvana.
1. Stop overusing anti-aging products. If your mother taught you a home remedy that worked for her for years, give that natural wrinkle removal method a try. When you put too many products that contain harsh chemicals on your face, you risk causing worse damage.
2. Cleaning your skin aggressively can also cause wrinkles. Allow the natural oils in your face to do their job. While you don’t want clogged pores that lead to acne and you don’t want to sleep with your eye makeup on, you should use removal methods that are as gentle as possible.
3. Staring at the screen all day can lead to wrinkles if you’re too close to it. Try to sit about 18-24 inches away from the computer screen. Also, trying to take breaks when possible does not only help you to fight against wrinkles, but it can prevent leg numbness, headaches and dizziness too.
4. Not only can walking around during the day help to increase your overall health, but you can also combat wrinkles. People who sit for long periods of time each day may be more prone to early signs of aging, and wrinkles is one of those signs. Even if you just have the time to take a ten-minute walk, that is better than nothing.
5. Although you may love to have a couple of alcoholic beverages when you return home from work, too much alcohol can lead to wrinkles. Drinking that much also has other adverse effects for your health. Too much sugar can cause wrinkles as well, and many alcoholic beverages have a lot of sugar in them.
6. You need to stop sitting out in the sun with sunscreen and sunglasses. While you might like how a tan looks like now, you aren’t going to be too thrilled with your experience years from now when you are filled with wrinkles from your habits.
7. Try to avoid sleeping on your side or stomach as much as possible. Just think about how crammed into the pillow your face is. Sleeping on your back can take some practice, but try doing it coupled with relaxing breathing exercises.
8. When you don’t drink enough water, you are also increasing your chance for wrinkles. You must remember that water isn’t a magic potion; it isn’t suddenly going to remove wrinkles from your face. However, drinking the right amount of water can help your skin to look the best it can for wrinkle removal you can do at home.
9. You might skip over moisturizing your skin, but doing so can lead to wrinkles. Choose a brand and type that is right for your skin type will generate the best results. You can choose one that has SPF in it too.
13 Really Bad Habits That Cause Wrinkles| Goodhousekeeping
The truth about hydration and wrinkles| Sheknows