7 Brilliant Uses for Cucumbers You’ve Never Considered!
Everyone knows that fresh vegetables are a necessity for a healthy body on the inside. Not many people realize that these same vegetables can be used as an addition to a beauty routine. These seven uses of cucumbers in a beauty regime will amaze you.
1. Diminish the signs of cellulite or wrinkles by rubbing the target area with a few slices of cut cucumber. There is a phytochemical in the cuke that causes the collagen in the skin which causes it to tighten. This decreases the amount of cellulite that is visible in the outer surface epidermis.
2. To create an aroma therapy type session without visiting the spa, cucumbers are a great reliever of stress in place of a spa treatment. Simply put a sliced cucumber in a pan with boiling water. The steam created will contain nutrients and chemicals that have shown to reduce stress levels in college students during testing and in mothers who have recently given birth.
3. Cucumbers can help to remove bad breath after eating. A slice pressed for 30 seconds to the roof of the mouth will release enough photochemical into the mouth to kill the bacteria that cause bad breath.
4. Consuming cucumbers as a snack to curb the appetite is a popular option for many who are watching their weight and looking to eat healthier. This filling snack will keep the hunger away with no fat.
5. Eat a cucumber before going to bed at night to avoid the effects of excessive alcohol, known as a hang over, and wake up pain free in the morning. The nutrients and the water in the cuke will replenish the missing elements in the body caused by dehydration from alcohol consumption.
6. Cucumbers are a tremendous source for vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, C, magnesium, iron, folic acid, potassium, zinc, and phosphorus. One cucumber is packed with essential vitamins and minerals that are essential to the health and beauty of a body.
7. Use slices of cucumbers placed over closed eyelids to reduce puffiness in the eye area. The enzyme cyclo-oxyenase in cucumbers prevents the excessive production of inflammation causing nitric oxides. The cool moist properties of the cucumber offer the user a cooling and relaxing experience for stressed eyes.
Whether in a salad, placed on puffy eyelids, or used to reduce the appearance of cellulite and wrinkles, cucumbers are one of the great wonders of the garden. The versatility of this vegetable can take the stress out of your day and replenish essential nutrients with no adaptations required. Cucumbers are amazing whether they are straight from the garden as a meal or as a beauty enhancer.