What’s Your Tummy Type and How to Get Rid of It?
Stop eating foods you feel you have an intolerance for.
–> Makeover Plan:
1. The most common intolerances are wheat and gluten products like pasta, pizza, bread, pastries, cakes, and cereals. Processed dairy products like cheese, butter, and milk and yeast in bread and beer should be eliminated. Gluten can inflame your stomach and make it look bigger.
2. Eat a regular breakfast and make it the biggest meal of the day, this is when your digestion process is at its peak. Avoid eating late at night which causes bloating. Chew your food well and drink enough water to keep your digestive system healthy.
Tip: Breathing is the best technique for this type of tummy. In the morning lie on your back and relax, breathe deeply into your stomach at least 10 times. Go for a walk after your meal.
5. The Mummy Tummy
The mummy tummy usually belongs to women who have given birth in the last few years and are typical mommies, who lack time for themselves. James states, “After giving birth, the uterus drops and is much heavier than it was pre-pregnancy.” Your tummy takes at least 6 weeks to return to its usual size, so don’t try too hard to get it back before then.
You may need to increase blood flow and strengthen loose muscles. Avoid harsh exercise for 2-3 months after pregnancy, take a break!
–> Makeover Plan:
1. Take fish oil or other sources of omega-3 acids which turn on fat-burning hormones and turn off the fat-storing ones.
2. Increase good fats found in nuts, vegetable oils, and olives. They help burn fat and increase absorption of vitamins and nutrients. It will also help combat fatigue, good news for tired moms!
3. Try gentle pelvic floor exercises, they will flatten your tummy from the inside out. Squeeze and clench your pelvic floor muscles 15-20 times, 5 times a day.
4. Avoid crunches, they are the worst thing you can do post-pregnancy. Practice deep breathing exercises to flatten your tummy. Take a deep abdominal breath then exhale slowly while doing pelvic exercises.
Tip: Go for power naps during the day, use blackout blinds while you sleep. Stretch before bed to restore sleep hormones and boost fat-burning.