5 Weird Tricks that Kill Stomach Fat
Fat has a role in insulating and padding the body. While fat has a function, excess is not good for anyone. Excess fat can hamper your physical appearance and is detrimental to your health. Long ago people would hunt and gather, food was plentiful in summer and autumn while scarce in winter. The excess fat gained in summer and autumn was used in the winter, those with more fat had a better chance of survival. The fat was used for energy when performing hard daily labor. In this age when physical activities are limited and things are easily available, excess fat can be dangerous to your health.
Here are some weird tricks to kill stomach fat:
• Dip into the olive oil: This may sound weird but try it out, you will find it to be quite effective. A hormone in your stomach is stimulated by certain compounds in the olive oil and those hormones signal your brain that your stomach is full, so it curbs your appetite so that your body does not feel as hungry. Try dipping your multigrain bread into one tablespoon olive oil 15 minutes before eating. It will keep you from overeating and packing on unnecessary pounds. Olive oil lowers the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, and stroke.
• Chill out: Stress is one of the top belly fat-building offenders. Try to avoid stress as much as possible. Your body starts producing cortisol automatically when it senses you are overwhelmed. Cortisol is a hormone that affects your body chemistry and stimulates fat storage in your belly. Try some simple tips like closing your eyes and taking long, deep breaths for five minutes whenever you feel stressed. You will start feeling relaxed and the cortisol should calm down. This is a simple yet effective way to eradicate stomach fat. You can also try these 8 ways to reduce your cortisol naturally!
• Eat every three hours: Some may find this odd as the general perception is that eating often helps a person gain more weight, but this trick of eating every three hours can work wonders for people looking for a flat belly. Those who think skipping lunch is helping them save calories are trending toward the opposite. Your body can go into starvation mode if you do not eat for a long period of time, as a result it starts storing everything you have eaten as fat as it does not know when you are going to eat next.
• Eat in front of a mirror: Try this and you will find what a difference it makes. Watching yourself eat can be a powerful trigger to eat less.
• Stand and speak on the phone: You will burn more calories if you stand and talk than you do in the sitting position.