7 Ways to Get Rid of Dark Armpits Naturally!
Some of us are embarrassed by our dark armpits and avoid wearing sleeveless clothes or bathing suits. Darkening skin patches under your arms happens in both men and women, however it’s more common in women with darker skin. Many have tried various “dark armpits treatments” such as creams and gels, but haven’t seen the changes they’ve expected. Dark armpits are caused by hyperpigmentation in the underarm area and many times is caused by changes in hormonal levels and specially during pregnancy. Here is a list of things you should not be doing then a list of some remedies to help you get rid of them:
TOP CAUSES OF DARK ARMPITS:
1. Shaving – Stop using razors to shave your underarms as when you do it cuts the hair just below the surface of the skin which looks like stubble. Hair removal creams do the same which makes the underarms look darker. Try waxing as it removes the hair from the root itself. For waxing you can try BODY SUGARING, which is an ancient hair removal technique that works very good.
2. Too much deodorant – Some theories suggest that strong deodorants make your armpits look darker. Use natural methods to deodorize yourself.
3. Skin friction – Clothes that are tight and harsh on your skin may also cause darkening of your underarms.
4. Dead cells – One cause of dark armpits can be dead cells. Exfoliate gently or scrub with lactic acid to avoid them.
5. Bacteria – As many as 18 different types of bacteria live on different parts of our skin. The most common bacterium that lives in armpits is called Corynebacterium minutissimum. When we sweat, the underarm environment changes and becomes more friendly for the growth of bacteria, which may eventually cause the bad smell and darkening of this area. To avoid this, you should shower more often.
Natural ways to get rid of dark armpits:
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil contains vitamin E which plays an important role in lightening dark underarms. Apply some coconut oil to your armpits before bathing and massage for 10-15 minutes, then wash off with mild soap and lukewarm water. Follow the process daily and you will gain fair underarms over time. Additionally coconut oil works as a natural deodorant.
2. Lemon Juice
Rubbing your underarms with lemon juice is one of the most effective ways to lighten your underarms as lemon has natural bleaching properties. Apply some before your bathing then wash it off. Apply moisturizer to soften your skin and don’t use deodorant for a few days.