4 Easy Steps to Be Happier
Edited By Stephanie Dawson
- Drink plenty of water .
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants
- Live with the 3 E’s – Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
- Play more games
- Read more books than you did last year.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
- Sleep 7-8 hours
- Take a 10-30 minute walk daily. While you walk, smile
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
- Learn to let go of your anger and bitterness, it’s poison.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
- Smile and laugh more.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Call your family often.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- What other people think of you is none of your business. It says more about them than about you and you have more important things to think about.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Do the right thing!
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- No matter how you feel, get dressed and brush your teeth.
- Little victories are better victories because they can happen whenever you want.
- The best is yet to come.
- Don’t be a jerk. See someone’s imperfections? Keep your mouth shut. It has nothing to do with you.
- Treat yourself like you would your best friend.
- Be careful how you speak around children and to yourself, because they’re listening.