17 Reasons to Use Honey and Cinnamon
5. HEART DISEASES: Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, apply on wheat-bread f or daily breakfast to reduce the cholesterol in the arteries and save the patient from heart attack.
6. UPSET STOMACH: Honey being a pre-digested nectar and cinnamon an antibacterial substance helps in curing issues like constipation, ulcers and nausea. Honey is easily broken down in the stomach while cinnamon kills all unwanted bacteria in the digestive walls
7. DIABETES: Recent studies show that up to 1500mg of cinnamon helps liver enzymes, insulin resistance and lipid profile to people with diabetes and non-alcoholic fatty liver diseases. The mixture of honey and cinnamon is a low glycemic index food since cinnamon counters the glucose elevation in honey which is desirable to diabetic people.
8. IMMUNE SYSTEM: Honey has vitamins and irons in large amounts which help the immune system when mixed with our normal diet. 500mg of cinnamon and ½ a teaspoon of honey improves haemoglobin level and strengthens the white blood cells.
9. INDIGESTION: Cinnamon powder sprinkled on two tablespoons of honey taken before food relieves acidity and digests the heaviest of meals.
10. ALLERGIES: Studies show that 45% of all allergic people are allergic to house dust mites. Of all the oils, cinnamon proved to be the most potent oil in killing it. Use of honey also lowers up to 60% of symptoms experienced by birch pollen allergies. This is surely a better way than using antihistamines.