Do you know that as many as 59 million Americans have a thyroid problem, but the majority don’t even know how to recognize thyroid issues?
The thyroid is like a butterfly-shaped gland located in the neck, and is known as the master gland of metabolism, so when it doesn’t work it can affect almost every aspect of your health.
The main problem is that much of the population is under-informed about symptoms and can’t treat on time, which can lead to obesity, heart disease, depression, anxiety, hair loss, $e*[email protected] dysfunction, infertility, among others.
Here are some of the most common signs that you may have a thyroid problem:
10. Muscle and Joint Pains
– Aches and pains in your muscles and joints, weakness in the arms and a tendency to develop carpal tunnel in the arms/hands.
9. Neck Discomfort or Enlargement
– A feeling of swelling in the neck, discomfort with turtlenecks or neckties.
8. Hair and Skin Changes
– Hair frequently becomes brittle, coarse and dry, while breaking off and falling out easily. Skin can become coarse, thick, dry, and scaly. To learn more visit: “How to Stop Hair Loss in Women”
7. Bowel Problems
– Severe or long-term constipation and diarrhea or irritable bowel syndrome.
6. Menstrual Irregularities and Fertility Problems
– Heavier, more frequent and more painful periods or shorter, lighter and infrequent periods. Infertility can also be associated with thyroid problems.
5. Family History
– If you have a family history of thyroid problems, you are at a higher risk of having a thyroid condition yourself.
4. Cholesterol Issues
– High cholesterol, especially when it is not responsive to diet, exercise or cholesterol-lowering medication
3. Depression and Anxiety
– Depression or anxiety, including sudden onset of panic disorder, can be symptoms of thyroid disease.
2. Weight Changes
– Unexplained weight changes and issues can be signs of both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism.
– Feeling exhausted when you wake up or being unable to function all day without a nap can be signs of thyroid problems.