The following snacks are 200 calories each, they will fill you up, but not so much they will tire you out. Just because you are an adult doesn’t mean your afternoon snack should be forgotten or ignored, in fact it’s highly recommended you enjoy a snack when you’re hungry, need an energy boost, or to avoid overeating at your next meal.
Here are 5 of the best snacks packed with protein and nutrients that will help you get through the day with maximum energy.
5 Best Snacks for Grown-ups:
1. Nuts, trail mix, and nut bars: Nuts and seeds are high in protein and healthy fats, which help keep you satisfied between meals.
2. Berries: Berries are a low-calorie, high-flavor snack packed with antioxidants, they are extremely healthy and beneficial to your physical and mental health.
3. Protein drink mixes: A smoothie can be a satisfying snack and also feel like a treat when you feel like something a little sweet to drink instead of chew.
4. Cracker sandwiches: An open-faced cracker sandwich can be made with many varied ingredients, so it can be healthy or harmful. Keep whole, organic foods in mind and you will have the perfect snack, try veggies, hummus, natural nut butter, cottage cheese, or fruit.
5. All-fruit smoothies: Similar to protein drink mixes, a fruit smoothie made with water, one teaspoon honey, a banana, and some berries, mango, or pears can be a sweet, fewer-than-200-calorie treat that helps you get your fiber and your vitamins.
Edited 7/30/14 SCD