After reading this you may never want to eat at a fast “food” restaurant again, these incredible but true facts are enough to make many avoid these places for good! Here are 10 disgusting facts about fast food!
1. McDonald’s strawberry milkshakes utilize a ridiculous concoction of 50 chemicals including ethyl acetate, phenethyl alcohol, and solvent to imitate the flavor of real strawberries.
2. Chicken? More like a disgusting sludge of pink paste- it goes through a chemical process causing excessive bacteria, so it’s washed in ammonia then re-flavored with more chemicals and dyed. You may want to think twice before ordering nuggets, tenders, or other chicken bites.
3. The average fast food patron eats 12 pubic hairs in a given year.
4. The FDA approves an average of 30 insect fragments, including rodent hair, per 100 grams of peanut butter.
5. Shellac is used to enhance the shine of wooden furniture, but you can also find it in your delicious jellybeans, it’s used to improve the shine.
6. The FDA approved the use of bacteriophages on processed food like lunchmeat and hot dogs.
7. Each can of coke contains 10 teaspoons of sugar, much more than what your body can process in a day, another additive, called phosphoric acid, cuts the level of sugar so that you don’t vomit automatically after drinking a can.
8. Fast food’s ‘healthiest’ choice is a salad packed with antifreeze’s chemical compound, Propylene Glycerol, which causes eye and skin irritation.
9. Many fast food chicken items contain beef additives, listed as extract or essence, used to enhance flavor and change health statistics.
10. Any cheese product labeled as processed is packed with additives, chemicals, and flavoring, it’s actually 49% of the product, half of the product has nothing to do with cheese.
Edited 7/30/14 SCD