These can help relieve the symptoms of asthma and decrease the number of asthma attacks. This is for general information purposes and is not intended to replace advice from your doctor.
1) Drink Water- even mild dehydration can elevate levels of histamine in the blood
2) Inhale Steam- just as a steam tent can open pores it can open tight airways, also try a hot shower
3) Hot tea or coffee- this delivers a 3 in 1, steam to open airways, liquid to dilute histamine, and caffeine is a bronchodilator
4) Relax- sit down, close your eyes, try to breathe deeply and slowly
5) Take asthma fighting supplements- Omega 3’s help to decrease inflammatory response, magnesium has been shown to be helpful in studies
6) Change your diet- Dairy products are common allergens, as are wheat and nuts, see an allergist or try an elimination diet
7) Eliminate environmental triggers- household allergens such as dust mites, mold, pet dander, cigarette smoke, etc. can trigger severe asthma attacks, keep it clean, sweep or vacuum regularly, consider getting rid of carpeting, use hypoallergenic bed, pillow, and furniture covers.