What Is [email protected] Thrush and How to Get Rid of It Naturally?
[email protected] thrush, also known as candidal vulvovaginitis, is an infection of the honeypot that is caused by excessive yeast growth. As many as three out of four women suffer from [email protected] thrush at some point in their lifetimes. In fact, some women actually experience this particular infection more than once.
Including candida and bacteria, the honeypot normally contains a balanced mix of yeast. The acid produced by bacteria prevents yeast overgrowth. This yeast infection is, therefore, the result of an imbalance between good bacteria and naturally occurring yeast.
• Itching in the honeypot and the vulva
• Soreness and redness around the honeypot
• A burning sensation with urination
• Severe pain while getting it on
• White and thick [email protected] discharge
Although it is not classified as an STI, this infection is more common in women who get it on frequently.
Other risk factors include:
• Ingestion of antibiotics
• Uncontrolled diabetes
• Impaired immunity
• Use of either oral contraceptives or hormone therapy
RELATED ARTICLE: 8 Reasons Why Pain Interfering With Women’s Pleasure
Below are the best natural remedies for [email protected] thrush.
Yogurt helps to maintain a proper balance of good bacteria since it contains probiotics which keep yeast from overgrowing.
Preparation and usage
• Dip a tampon in yogurt before inserting it into your honeypot for two hours. Use lukewarm water to clean the area after removing the tampon and then dry thoroughly. Repeat the process twice daily.
• Add yogurt that contains live cultures to your diet.
Note: Use only plain, unsweetened yogurt to treat yeast infections since sweetened yogurts can worsen the condition.
2. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has antifungal properties that are effective in killing the fungi responsible for yeast infections.
Preparation and usage
• Apply extra-virgin coconut oil directly onto the affected area 2-3 times daily until you see improvement.
• Add coconut oil to your daily diet. Start with one teaspoon of extra-virgin coconut oil daily. Gradually increase the dosage to about three tablespoons daily.