10-Step Korean Skincare Routine
Korean beauty trends and products have increasingly gained popularity in the United States. Skincare is naturally a part of many Eastern cultures, including Korean, while many on the Western side taken a reactive approach. For example, as soon as a wrinkle, pimple or freckle forms, that’s when many women begin a proper skincare routine. Adhering to a proper skincare regimen is the key to beautiful, flawless skin. Here is a 10-step Korean skincare routine to achieve glowing skin.
1. Pre-cleanse: Cleansing before cleansing? Yes. Double cleansing is extremely popular and involves removing the majority of makeup on your face. Use a makeup remover to remove mascara, lipstick and eyeliner. Then, use an oil cleanser to remove concealer and foundation without stripping the natural oils of your face.
2. Cleanse: Use a water based cleanser to remove impurities like dirt and sweat from your skin. Double cleansing at night is especially crucial. It ensures that you remove residual makeup, sweat and dirt to allow your skin to naturally breathe and regenerate overnight.
3. Exfoliate: Exfoliation clears the pores and also sloughs off dead skin cells, leaving you with fresher and brighter skin. This step is not recommended as a daily use, especially if you have sensitive skin. Instead, consider exfoliating once a week to get soft, fresh skin. Try Neogen Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Lemon, which works for all skin types.
4. Toner: It’s important to apply toner to balance the skin’s pH levels. This not only helps to restore moisture to dehydrated skin, but it also helps the skin absorb the next products for enhanced benefits. Toner also promotes cell rejuvenation in addition to helping your skin absorb moisturizers, serums and essence.
5. Essence: Popular to Korean skincare routine, essence is a step that many Americans skip or do not know about. Essence works to hydrate the skin, improving cellular turnover and leaving you with a more youthful look. As you age, your skin takes longer to regenerate. Essence helps speed up that process.
Disclaimer: All content on this website is for informational purposes only and should not be considered to be a specific diagnosis or treatment plan for any individual situation. Use of this website and the information contained herein does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Always consult with your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.