10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Your Butt
Whether you’re sporting a twerk-worthy budonkadonk or have a high-and-tight behind, your assets can certainly say something about you. Here are ten facts you likely never knew regarding your sit upon.
10. Sir Mix-a-Lot’s 1992 anthem “Baby Got Back” won a Grammy and took MTV by storm. It’s also the reason why an entire generation knows what an anaconda is.
9. Your glutes, which are the huge muscles in your butt, are the biggest and strongest muscles in your entire body. The world record for a powerlifting squat is over 1200 pounds. That takes a lot of cheek!
8. Kim Kardashian, socialite and needlessly famous person, is known over the world for her massive derriere. Word has it that she has submitted to x-rays to prove there is no silicone junk in her trunk and that she’s all natural.
7. Some species of turtles have the ability to breathe through their butts. This is useful during hibernation, as it doesn’t require the muscle contractions normal breathing does.
6. Taking selfies of your face? That’s so 2013. In 2014, the ‘belfie,’ or butt selfie, has become all the rage, leading ladies to post pics of the wedgies on social media.
5. Latina songstress J. Lo reportedly has her buns insured for over $27 million! As catastrophic butt injuries are rare, her premiums are likely not the cause of any financial butthurt.
4. The size of your butt is determined by genetics, musculature and hormones. High estrogen may play a role in deciding where fat it stored on the body, meaning that a big butt is precisely the same thing as a big belly. Take that, ‘thick’ models!
3. Researchers have claimed that kids born to women with wider hips are intellectually superior to those born to slimmer, less curvaceous women. Einstein’s mom must have been epic!
2. According to a survey published by a major women’s magazine, ladies like to complimented on their butt more than any other body part. Oh my god, Becky, just look at her butt! It’s just so… big… and out there…
1. Not enough cushion to fill out your jeans? Over 700 women got butt implants in 2012, which actually less than in 2011. What will they do when the big-butt fad fades?
Disclaimer: All content on this website is for informational purposes only and should not be considered to be a specific diagnosis or treatment plan for any individual situation. Use of this website and the information contained herein does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Always consult with your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.