First of all, before you start trying to kill bed bugs naturally, you need to know what they are. Bed bugs are tiny dark brown insects that come out at night to feed on a human or animal host, they bite into you while you sleep, then spend a few minutes sucking your blood.
To get rid of bed bugs naturally, you need to follow every one of these steps precisely and properly:
1. Remove all of your bedding (sheets, pillow cases, blankets, comforters, bed liners and mattress covers) and wash them in extremely hot water. Don’t put them back yet.
2. Clean any other fabric-type object with a vacuum cleaner using the hose, then put into plastic bags, sealed with tape and leave closed for 3 days to kill any remaining bed bugs.
3. If you find bed bugs or bed bug eggs in your cupboards and drawers, wash those in hot water as well.
4. Vacuum your whole room or and use a vacuum hose in the nooks and crannies, pay attention to cracks and openings in the wall, remember to throw away the vacuum bag as soon as you’re finished.
5. If you have any cracks or openings in your walls, use caulk to completely close the hole to stop any more bed bugs from getting into your room.
6. If you decide to keep your bed, as it’s incredibly difficult to get rid of bed bugs in a mattress, even if you used chemicals which you don’t want to do, just about the only way to get rid of them is to buy a plastic mattress cover and box springs cover. Put these covers on, zip them up and leave them on for a least a year.
7. Throw out your pillows.
8.Clean the entire house with a natural cleaner. Make sure you clean every surface, behind every piece of furniture, inside every cupboard and drawer, along the baseboards, light fixtures, wall sockets – basically everything in your room or house.
9. Put back all of your belongings, sheets, pillows etc.
10. Repeat everything on this cleaning list 3 times, once every 10 days.