House Plants that Clean Your Air
We live in a world that is full of toxic chemicals. From the food that we eat to the house we live in, we face different types of toxins with known and unknown effects on our overall health. Any houseplant produces oxygen, as well as adding to the beauty and coziness of your home. These plants are especially good at being “air filters” which is great for someone with asthma, allergies, or just likes the idea.
1. Bamboo Palm: According to NASA, it removes formaldahyde and is also said to act as a natural humidifier.
2. Snake Plant: Found by NASA to absorb nitrogen oxides and formaldahyde.
3. Areca Palm: One of the best air purifying plants for general air cleanliness.
4. Spider Plant: Great indoor plant for removing carbon monoxide and other toxins or impurities. Spider plants are one of three plants NASA deems best at removing formaldahyde from the air.
5. Peace Lily: Peace lilies could be called the “clean-all.” They’re often placed in bathrooms or laundry rooms because they’re known for removing mold spores. Also known to remove formaldahyde and trichloroethylene.
6. Gerbera Daisy: Not only do these gorgeous flowers remove benzene from the air, they’re known to improve sleep by absorbing carbon dioxide and giving off more oxygen over night.
This video shows how to detox your house with plants. This is a very simple and inexpensive process and your body will thank you after this change:
[Last Updated on May 29th 2014]