Emmett, a 12 month old, swallowed a battery fallen out of the remote control. The acid from the battery caused 2 perforations to his esophagus and trachea, and multiple cases of collapsed lung, he has endured 14 surgeries, and has been under General anesthetic 20 times so far, he has had close to 200 X-rays, and has hospitalized in the Pediatric ICU for over 19 weeks.
But many kids are not this lucky!


 
Disclaimer: All content on this website is for informational purposes only and should not be considered to be a specific diagnosis or treatment plan for any individual situation. Use of this website and the information contained herein does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Always consult with your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.